- Yield: 1
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 702
- Carbohydrate Content: 103g
- Cholesterol Content: 11mg
- Fat Content: 20g
- Fiber Content: 9g
- Protein Content: 35g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2g
- Sugar Content: 76g
This dish is something I have known for the most part of my life, ever since my earliest childhood but I never ever thought about making it myself. I would usually forget that it existed until it was offered somewhere, being super happy, eating and enjoying it, just to forget about it again.
So, finally I decided to make it myself. After all it is just some oats and fruit and dairy. As usual, I started with a fair amount of research, found the original recipe from Maximillian Brenner-Bircher, the Swiss nutritionist who invented it and many, many contemporary versions.
Eventually, I have come up with a combination of some relatively new takes on the muesli that are still close and true to the original one. It is a great breakfast for after a intense workout and it doesn't take long to assemble at all - minus the time it takes to soak the oats.
- Rolled Oats - 30g / 1oz
- Water / Apple Juice - 100ml / 4 oz
- Greek Yogurt - 250g / 9 oz
- Apple - 1, grated
- Hazelnuts - 30g, 1 oz, chopped
- Cranberries - 1 Tbsp, dried, chopped
- Agave Nectar - to taste
- Mix the oats with the apple juice or water and the dried cranberries and soak in the fridge overnight.
- Wash, core and grate the apple and mix it with the soaked oats, the chopped nuts and the yoghurt.
- Sweeten with Agave nectar to taste and enjoy a healthy and hearty breakfast!