Coconut Lime Rice
I made up this dish a few days ago, when I decided to make a salmon stir fry. The starting point was my go-to method of preparing rice, i.e. roasting the rinsed rice in some butter, add water and salt, and finish covered for about 15 - 20 minutes.
It came out really great and made an amazing side for the spicy salmon stir fry. Try it out for yourself, it's a great little side dish to have in your repertoire.
- Long Grain Rice - 125g
- Butter - 1 tbsp
- Water - 300ml
- Salt - 1 tsp
- Shredded Coconut - 1/2 cup
- Lime - 1, zest of
- Sweetened Condensed Milk - 1 - 2 tbsp
- Cayenne Pepper - 1/2 tsp
- Rinse the rice under cold water and let it drain completely.
- Over medium high heat, melt the butter and cook the rice until it's fragrant, 2 - 3 minutes.
- Add water, salt, cayenne pepper, lime zest, coconut, and sweetened condensed milk. Stir well to combine.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 15 - 20 minutes until the rice has soaked up the liquid and is tender.