- Yield: 8 - 12
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
I've encountered this rather unusual cheeseball at a Christmas party last year where it was served with the appetizers. Since Cannolis are sweet, it seemed rather odd to me, even though I'm no stranger to sweet and savory combinations. Of course, I gave it a try and seconds after, I was smitten. It is certainly a fantastic add-on to any appetizer that you're serving buffet style and makes also for a great snack for events like game or movie nights.
Recipe adopted from Rachel Ray.
- Cream Cheese - 8oz, 30% less fat version
- Ricotta - 1 cup, whole milk
- Powdered Sugar - 1/3 cup
- Cinnamon - 1 tsp
- Orange - zest of half
- Semi-sweet Chocolate - 1 cup, mini chips/morsels
- Graham Crackers
- Vanilla Wafers
- Make sure, all ingredients are at room temperature, especially the cream cheese
- In a mixing bowl, combine all ingredients except the chocolate until they are all blended smoothly
- Fold in the chocolate chips and put the mixture into a half-round bowl and chill it overnight or at least for 2 - 4 hours in the refrigerator.
- Invert chilled cheeseball onto a serving platter and serve with Graham crackers, Nilla wafers, or other sweet crisp crackers of your choice